[Linrad] Updated: attempt to run linrad and Map65 on same machine

Progress today...
   - Tested with linrad.exe built on a Linux (Ubuntu) box...appears to
run on WinXP ok.
   - Downloaded MinGW and nasm for windows to enable compiling Linrad on
for Windows on Windows machine
      - because it easier to build and then run on WinXP than ftp files
from linux to WinXP
   - Built linrad.exe with MinGW...appears to work ok
   - Set netsend address to string "127.0.0.1"...displays address on
linrad network setup screen correctly
   - Configure network to broadcast timf2 data (port 50004)
   - Run linrad.exe (02.47) and Map65 (0.9 r1001) on same core two Duo
laptop (Dell Inspiron E1405)
   - Set reverse FFT to mode 1 of 0...1
   - Map65 reports noise of 19 dB, dropping to -3 dB if antenna
unplugged looks promising
   - Map65 report "No Rx data" except occasionally report 0.00% dropped
   - Map65 doesn't show anything in the waterfall display

If I set the first backward fft data to 0 (intentionally wrong), it
displays a noise of 65 dB, but also displays 0.00% dropped!!

As an aside, when feeding that kind of data to Map65, it appears to
lockup having consumed all of virtual memory.

So, I'm still interested in ideas for how diagnose the Map65
communications problem

thanks,

jeff, wa1hco