[Linrad] Re: Linrad for newcomers

Hello Leif ,

after a nigth sleep , angryness dissipated , and I'm ready to try again. I
recalled that my UBUNTU installation has been done without Internet
connected , so it is possible it is not complete. Since that I connected the
network cable , the internet connexion is runing , but I would like to
re-install from zero , just to be sure. Unfortunately , when I try to boot
from the installation CD , as the system sees UBUNTU is already installed ,
the complete installation is not runing , for sure something is done , as
the delay to get the system working is long , but no questions asked , like
password , user name, ect , are not asked , this make me think it is not a
real installation which is done.
Is there another way than formating the disk to wipe out the old Ubuntu?

I also found an old mail from W3SZ who told me that under UBUNTU , the usual
copy way to get a file should not be used , but the apt-get procedure is
necessary ( this is why Internet connexion is necessary)

73
Dom/F6DRO