R: [Linrad] Linrad-02.53

Hi Leif.

I found that with the new version of gcc ships with the Ubuntu 8.10
xlinrad not compile with the following error:

gcc version 4.3.2 (Ubuntu 4.3.2-
1ubuntu11)
root@xxxx:~# cd /usr
root@xxxx:/usr# cd linrad-02.53
root@xxxx:
/usr/linrad-02.53# make xlinrad
gcc xmain.c -g -O -DOSNUM=1 -W -Wimplicit -
Wreturn-type -Wformat -m32 -Wunused -Wcomment -Wchar-subscripts -Wshadow -
Wuninitialized -Wparentheses -Wstrict-prototypes -Werror -ffast-math -fomit-
frame-pointer -c -o xmain.ol
cc1: warnings being treated as errors
xmain.c: In
function âui_setupâ:
xmain.c:597: error: ignoring return value of âfgetsâ,
declared with attribute warn_unused_result
make: *** [xmain.ol] Error 1

installed the old version GCC-3.4 and all working fine.

73 Ermanno / ik7ezn

"linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Ogg: [Linrad] Linrad-02.53

>Hi All,
>
>Download from the bottom of:
>http://www.sm5bsz.
com/linuxdsp/linroot.htm
>or
>http://g7rau.demon.co.uk/sm5bsz/linuxdsp/linroot.
htm
>or
>http://nitehawk.com/sm5bsz/linuxdsp/linroot.htm
>

>The network setup
allows a file to set the IP address
>for MAP65 users.
>
>The transfer of
calibration data to Linrad slaves is
>corrected.
>
>Various other little bugs
are corrected.

>                        --    o    --
>
>When you set unusual
or incorrect parameters you are
>testing aspects of the Linrad code that may
be very hard
>to test systematically. The response may depend on your

>hardware and the value of various other parameters.
>
>Contrary to older
versions, Linrad-02.53 behaves correctly
>in case you select an output sampling
speed of 1000Hz in SSB
>mode. Surely an operator error since 500 Hz output
bandwidth
>is not really what we want in SSB mode, but an error like
>that
should not generate a crasch due to a floating point
>exception (divide by
zero.)

>Someone might even want to use SSB mode for WSPR or whatever
>with a
low output rate to make the data stream fit some
>slow experimental matlab
code....

>In case you make "errors" that cause Linrad to behave
>incorrectly,
or even hang or crasch, please save all
>the parameter files, pack them in a
zip or bz2 file and