[Linrad] Re: Linrad-02.53

Hi Ermanno,

> I found that with the new version of gcc ships with the Ubuntu 8.10
> xlinrad not compile with the following error:
>
> gcc version 4.3.2 (Ubuntu 4.3.2-1ubuntu11)
.
.
> xmain.c:597: error: ignoring return value of 'fgets',
I do not quite understand why Ubuntu is so popular. It always
creates problems.....

I tried 02-53 with the latest Debian testing (Lenny):
gcc version 4.3.2 (Debian 4.3.2-1)
There are no errors so obviously Ubunty has set its C compiler
for a more strict checking than the Debian standard.

Linrad ignores return values systematically. I have seen no reason
to check the return code in cases like this one and many many other
cases.

I will have to get Ubuntu, install it and see what to do about
this problem. In the meantime, avoid the latest Ubuntu gcc.

73

Leif