-----Original Message-----
From: owner-linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Leif Asbrink
Sent: Tuesday, March 16, 2004 8:59 AM
To: linrad@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx: RE: [linrad] Out of memory errors

Hello Henry,

The call to mlockall() fails to lock the RAM area used by Linrad.

Maybe your RAM is reserved for a large RAM disk or there is
some other program running. Are you perhaps running in a console
under X?

The calls to mlockall() were added recently because I have had
reports indicating that some Linrad users run Linrad off the hard disk
(swapped by Linux) The behaviour is a bit unpredictable...........

Linrad does not need much computing resources. I uploaded a screen
dump today after verifying Linrad-00.15 on a Pentium 133 MHz. The
image shows seven hours of (simulated) VLF waterfall at a FFT bin
width of about 0.005 Hz. The soundcard was sampling at 22050 kHz
which is much higher than typically needed. Yet the CPU load was below
50% and about 5 megabytes of ram was used.

So, Henry, I am pretty sure your computer hass the memory needed,
but I do not know why Linrad is denied to lock it. Unless someone else
gives the explanation, please give more details.

73

Leif

Hi,
I'm getting "out of memory" errors with Linrad 1-.15 regardless of the parameter settings. Any suggestions?
Henry
w2hes

This email and any files transmitted with it are proprietary and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email
in error please notify the sender. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Industries, Inc.
The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT Industries accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this
email.
LINRADDARNIL