Re: [linrad] Delta44 board

  Hi Kohjin

  Thanks and OK about "word" I imagine that if the sampling is not accurate this will
  introduce distortion in music. Whether this is really a problem I do not know.
  By the same token it will most likely introduce errors in the FFT's transforms.
  Again, I have no idea how much of a problem this is as I do not know how much
instability
  there is in the clocking. I am not sure whether for Linrad the digitizers run of the
  board oscillator or not.

  73 Rein

Kohjin Yamada wrote:

> Hello Rein,
>
> Well, I meant "Word Clock" not "World Clock".
>
> A 'Word Clock' option in delta 1010 uses an external master clock for sampling.
> This technique is very popular in digital HiFi world but it's very professional.
> You might search Word Clock in Google.
> I'm not expert in this field but I just thought an external precise
> sampling clock
> would improve ADC/DAC accuracy.
> No schematic is available here, so I don't know whether Delta 44 can be modified.
> Even I don't know this is worth for our application.
>
> Kohjin - JR1EDE
>
> At 07:02 02/11/11 -0800, you wrote:
> >
> >  Hello Kohjin,
> >
> >  Thanks fer email. I have been looking at eBay on and off but never seen
> >any Delta44.
> >  That does not mean they are not there at times. I also find it often
> >frustrating on
> >  eBay, I think it is fine for items that are in great supply. For rare
> >items though
> >  it is a different story. I got the card as I had picked up noises of
> >these cards
> >  going out of production. I checked with Roger some time ago on that
> >subject and he
> >  thought there was no truth to that. Anyway, I do not have to worry about
> >it any longer.
> >  Could you tell me what "World clock" is. Is it a way to get sync signals for
> >  oscillators?
> >
> >  73, Rein
> >
> >  http://www.nitehawk.com/rasmit/dsp50.html
> >
> >Kohjin Yamada wrote:
> >>
> >> Hello Rein,
> >>
> >> Welcome on board!
> >>
> >> Go to eBay and use search by the key word of;
> >> "Delta 44" "Delta44" "Delta 66" "Delta66" "m-audio"
> >> Lots of there but some are expensive some fair.
> >>
> >> By the way, Delta 1010 has an option of Word Clock.
> >> I wonder if Delta 44 can be modified to feed Word Clock, Leif?
> >>
> >> Kohjin - JR1EDE

LINRADDARNIL
-